Friday, 18 May 2012

DJ TIMBER - "ROOTS" - 2012 B-Boy Breaks Mix-CD - AVAILABLE NOW



DJ Timber - Roots - SOLD OUT 

ROOTS!

"We know that without total understanding of what happened in the past, it would be difficult to relate to the future, we know that within the structure of the music, there should be a message, and the message should be TRUTH"

*Words taken from the Roy Ayers 1981 LP 'Africa, Centre Of The World'.

With this mixtape I've tried to take the listener on a journey back to the essence of B-Boyin, an essence far away from organized battles, sports drinks and gymnastics, an essence that is nothing more than you, the floor and the music.

DJing wise I used a system I started putting together for my now sold out mixtape 'Adventures In Rhythm' (2009) to put 'Roots' together, where each cut of each break is mathematically planned so that everything falls into 2s, 4s, 8s, 16s and 32s making the mixtape ideal for enhancing your musicality at your B-Boy training sessions. The CD is just over an hour long and is made up of 35 tracks. Everything on the CD I have recorded from VINYL! No mp3s, no spotify, no itunes, no CDs, no downloading! Due to the complex structure of the CD I recorded all the tracks into Serato and then made the mix from there. Technology is here to be used, not abused!

I have uploaded a small clip of some of my favourite breaks from the CD to mixcloud to give you a taster of the final product and also made an even shorter video for youtube

So how do you get your hands on a copy? I've made a paypal button, paypal is easy and safe to use, just choose how many CD's you wish to purchase and click on the 'Buy Now' button. Personally I will be selling the CD's at €8 so postage and packing are included in the price with discount added with the more CDs you order (1x CD = €11, 2x CDs = €18, 3x CDs = €24) so before ordering if you speak to your crew mates and your homies you can save money if you each want to get a copy. For those who teach (or have a lot of friends who like to support) there is a special offer of 10 CD's for €60 so then you can sell them on and make a profit. Unless someone changes my mind, for the time being, I won't be selling downloads, call me old fashioned but I'd rather people have the physical product!

DJ Timber - Roots - SOLD OUT

Listen to the preview on Youtube (Short version)

Listen to the preview on Mixcloud (longer version than the youtube clip)

CD Artwork:

Front Cover
Back Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment